- Watching a month's worth of QI episodes recorded on Sky Plus.
- Managing to not completely lose it when sat in a pub surrounded by hundreds of screaming babies and children. My hunger overcame any other natural instinct.
- Walking along the South Bank and feeling like a tourist taking photos.
- Visiting St Paul's for the first time, after spending years passing it on the #8 bus.
- Walking into the Tate Modern and realising that the new "Slides" installation was not a series of colour images but real "wheeeeeee" slides.
- The look on Frog's face, just for that split second, when I told him that I had nearly texted him to tell him I was leaving him for "another man".
- Sitting in a pub in Peckham, eating a Sunday roast with Mum and realising that my best friend from home from the ages of 11 - 13 years, who I hadn't seen since she left Wimborne and moved to Norwich with her family, was sitting at the table next to us.
- Eating a coconut pyramid, just like my Grandma used to make, with my large latte whilst waiting for a friend in Covent Garden.
- Having lunch in my friend's very cool member's bar and (whilst being very pleased to see her and remembering that I used to work in this industry) being more cheesily impressed when I realised that Strictly Come Dancing is filmed in the studios there.
- Meeting a grumpy Frog back at Eurostar on Monday afternoon, who had turned up to his meeting and found that his importer was off with the flu.
Alright that last one wasn't a highlight of the weekend but the reason we both went to London never happened and yet we both had a much needed escape.
I came back with a renewed energy, I have now cleaned our once neglected flat to a sparkling level and feel ready to take on Christmas!