Friday, August 26, 2005

Domestic Hiss

It is Friday evening. I am hiding in the study. Father Frog is drilling in the bathroom, Frog is shouting and I only want to know that the shower door goes on without the tiles cracking.

Mother Frog is in the living room. I have made tea, I have had a little chat with her about life, decoration and plans for next year. And now I am hiding in the study.

It's been one of those long weeks. Frog abandoned me for 24 hours (I know, I do it all the time to him) to make deliveries in Paris and go to an (incestous) group of old uni friends dinner. He got back at 3am, I got up at 6:30am to take the train to Paris. He is forgiven because he made a trip to Ikea to take stuff back and when he was in the Marais bought me a beautiful bracelet from my favourite shop.

I have no interesting news. No funny stories. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

No comments: