Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Comfort

I've spent this morning in our study doing some online research (yes, proper work) with a new found toy talking in the background.

Well, it's Tony Blair I'm currently listening to but the new toy, more specifically, is the Today programme podcast. I'm now working through the archive as I munch on bread and honey and sip my cup of tea.

It's like a corner of Mum's kitchen has come into my North-Eastern corner of France. After a week of feeling quite ungrounded and a little lost (which culminated in a rather ugly late night, swollen eyed, cushion clutching then throwing, screaming fit) I think I might be finding my feet again.

The prospect of getting on a ferry tomorrow night to head back home to Dorset for a long weekend and childhood friend's wedding is a refreshing thought.

No comments: