Thursday, January 26, 2006

Adrift


Vines in Prouilly, Champagne
Originally uploaded by oiseau.


These were the vines last year when it snowed. A few flakes are beginning to fall now and I wonder if we'll see the same stunning scapes.

Frog informed me last night that a burnt out car had been found in the vines by the village. Apparently it has been driven into the Frog Family vines and an attempt was made to set it alight. That first attempt failed so the firestarters moved it to a neighbouring plot (belonging to someone else in the village) where the car took light.

It made the local paper, and Frog Father is finding out if the insurance will cough up for the roots that need replacing.

Hithertoo the village has been unscathed by crime. I hope this isn't the beginning of a new period

I'm not sure exactly what period Frog is living in, but his choice of language was poetic and made me chuckle.

No comments: