Monday, April 11, 2005

Stalking

I have been stalking someone's blog for a while now. I don't just stalk any old blog. This is a blog with a meaning and purpose.

I found Julian Merrow Smith's Shifting Light through his wife Ruth's (also rather splendid) blog. Both living in Provence, Julian is an artist and from his official site I can see that he's the type of artist that I would stand and look at his work in a gallery and 'oooh' about.

So, until the day when some lovely benefactor commissions a portrait of me (yes, I know in my dreams) I was very excited to see that Julian has a blog that houses a diary of mini oil paintings that he updates daily. And at $100 each mere mortals like myself can decide that this is far more exciting than any pair of shoes and purchase their own piece of art.

So, after stalking for the last few weeks and missing out on a couple (I'm thinking 'pear with blue background') I was very excited on Saturday to hop online and see a beautiful 'lemon with thyme' had just been posted.

When the paint has dried and the package been sent on its way to Paris I can't think of a better place to appreciate the little bit of Provence than in our new home in Reims.

No comments: