Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hooray!*

I was going to write a post about how I had a lovely Saturday because I met up with Katia and she shared with me her fabulous ice cream place and we got to hangout. I got to chat and laugh with a girl. That I don't work with. So this was going to be a post about how I didn't realize how much I missed my girl friends. French girl friends just haven't happened and well... This may still end up as a post one day.

But in the meantime this morning I have just been offered an extension on my contract (had been due to run out April 30th) to now run until end of 2005 continuing my role here in the world of soap, soup, pasta sauce and ice cream. AND - this is the big part that everything was hanging on - I will télétravail (work from home) for 2 - 3 days a week. The other days will be shared between Paris and London/Hamburg/Brussels (love those northern European cities!)

This means not only will I be moving to Reims (yes we have a view of that cathedral from our new lovely flat!) in five weeks but someone will pay for me to continue working under the conditions I have asked for.

Alright it's still not the job I dreamed of - but now I can be gainfully employed, live in a beautiful small city with the lovely frog, justify the expense of hiring a cleaner and pay the new mortgage.

Hoorah hoorah hoorah!

* By the way what is the French equivalent for "Hooray"?

No comments: