Friday, March 18, 2005

She's a maniac...

.... maniac on the dance floor and she's dancing like she's never danced before

Di da di da di da di da di da di da di da di da dahhh (imagine pounding jumping up and down training music).

No, I still haven't been inside a gym this year, I was listening to this whilst waiting for the train morning. There are many things I hate about travelling on the RER - the train system that links the suburbs of Paris to the centre. They are dark, smelly, if you miss one you have to wait 20 mins and they are usually taking me somewhere I don't want to go (i.e. work).

However, I do love the fact that they pipe music onto the platform. So, this morning I was waiting for the train whilst listening to the hit from Flashdance. Often it's Phil Collins which doesn't quite set my day off in the same way but easy listening classics are quite a lovely start to the day and a chance listen to music you would never usually choose/admit to.

As "Maniac" faded out a French classic started and the woman sat next to me on the dirty plastic seats started to hum loudly along. A great distraction from the grime ridden smelly subterranean and guaranteed to ensure one of the tunes gets stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

No comments: